Foresters Friendly Society
Foresters Friendly Society is an accredited pre-paid funeral fund where you can invest to provide for future funeral expenses and at the same time may also provide social security benefits.
The proceeds of your investment in the Fund are paid out to your selected funeral director upon death and can be used for any or all of the following funeral expenses:
- Burial or Cremation
- Clergy/Celebrant Fees
- Church/Organist Fees
- Costs of obtaining statutory certificates
- Funeral Director’s professional fees/services
- Provision of selected coffin or casket
- Press Notices
- Other funeral related expenses
What are the key features of the Fund?
- Your investment is capital guaranteed;
- There are no medical restrictions;
- Your investment in the fund must be made in conjunction with a pre-paid funeral contract;
- Once paid in full, your funeral arrangement is locked in at today’s prices;
- You can invest in the Fund in joint names;
- There is no limit on how much you can invest (subject to the definition of funeral expenses) in your pre-paid funeral contract;
- It can help maximise any social security entitlements;
- Payments into the Fund can be in either one lump sum or by way of regular instalments over a three year period; and
- Your investment is subject to a cooling off period.